On Sale! Wilcom F6222C CATV Optical Fiber Identifier OFI – AAATesters.com
Wilcom F6222C CATV Optical Fiber Identifier OFI Probe
This Optical Fiber Identifier detects low frequency tones at 270 Hz, 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz.
By utilizing local detection technology (non-destructive macro-bend detection which does not damage or overstress the fiber), this units eliminates the need to open the fiber at the splice point for identification; eliminating the probability of interrupting service.
Includes 900 & 250/Rib Adapters, Carrying Case & Accessories As Listed
Wilcom F6222C F-6222C Optical Fiber Identifier Models On Sale Warranty Calibration Backed by The Best Service and Lowest Prices in the Industry.
Relative Core Power Reading (dB): +5 to -40
Insertion Loss (dB) (250µm, 1310/1550): < 0.6 / <3.0
Detector Sensitivity (dBm, 1550 nm): -40
Fiber Type: Singlemode, 8-10µm core, 250 µm clear Acrylate coating
Spectral Response (nm): 850 to 1700
Optical Test Tone Detection: 270 Hz, 1kHz and 2kHz
Minimum Fiber Slack: 0.75” (19mm)
Power: One 9V Alkaline Battery
Battery Life: 5,000 operations
Operating Temperature: -20 to +50°C
Storage Temperature: -40 to +60°C
Humidity: 0 to 90% non-condensing
Dimensions (HWD): 7.75” x 1.25” x 1.0” (197 x 32 x 25mm)
Weight: 8.0 oz (227g)
The Wilcom Model F6222 Telecom Optical Fiber Identifier is a rugged, easy-to-use installation and maintenance instrument which identifies optical fibers by detecting the optical signals being transmitted through a fiber. By utilizing local detection technology (non-destructive macro-bend detection which does not damage or overstress the fiber), this units eliminates the need to open the fiber at the splice point for identification; eliminating the probability of interrupting service.
This Optical Fiber Identifier detects low frequency tones at 270 Hz, 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz. When traffic is present on the fiber under test, an audible tone can be heard as well as the traffic direction which is indicated by LEDs illuminating on the probe.
During installations, maintenance, rerouting, or restorations it is often necessary to isolate a specific fiber without disrupting service. A light source such as Wilcom’s Model FS1316 used in conjunction with the Optical Fiber Identifiers can make the job a lot easier.
This Optical Fiber Identifier includes a carrying pouch containing three easy to use field interchangeable adapter heads to accommodate; 900 µm buffered fiber, ribbon or 250µm coated fiber and 3mm jacketed fiber.
Rugged Metal Case
– The OFI unit uses the same field proven lightweight rugged metal housing as the rest of Wilcom’s Optical Fiber Identifier product line.
850nm to 1700nm Range
– With the use of InGaAs detectors, the unit can be used on singlemode and multimode applications.
– The unit provides an audible tone in the presence of a fiber optic signal.
Core Power Display
– Both the F6222 OFI, and F6222C OFI can display Relative Core Power which is helpful in identifying bad connectors, splice points, etc.
– LEDs indicate tone detection, Traffic presence, Traffic Direction, and Low Battery.
– With an easy to use thumb lock, hands-free operation can be enabled and disabled.
– Wilcom F6222 OFI Probe
– 900µm Foam Covered Adapter
– 250µm/Rib Foam Perimeter Adapter
– 3mm Slotted Adapter
– User Manual On CD-ROM
– Carrying Case